Quick Fitting Instructions Commercial
Download the full fitting instructions here.
- Drop your RetroGrip® insert into the decking grooves to check it fits, or measure up against our profile diagram
We recommend 2 RetroGrip® inserts per standard width deck board, to ensure good anti slip coverage
- CLEAN YOUR DECK then pump a generous line of GeoCel The Works Adhesive or equivalent into a clean and dry decking groove, the length of each insert. A generous line of adhesive is filling the groove to within 2-3 mm of the top of the decking board / groove.
- Drop in the insert and push down level. Glue and drop in 1 insert at a time. DO NOT leave the adhesive for longer than 20 seconds before dropping in the RetroGrip® insert.
- Wipe off any excess adhesive from the decking. Leave for for 12 / 24 hours to cure. DO NOT walk on during this time. Leave for longer to cure if the outside temperature is below 5 degrees centigrade.
- To use RetroGrip® screws to fix down the inserts, you will have to pre-drill the holes.
Note: RetroGrip® screws are torx head screws and will need a standard torx T10 drive bit / adapter to screw in. Set your your drill / driver to the lowest torque setting possible for when the head of the screw get close to the insert, to avoid over tighening and the screw head damaging the insert.
- Start by screwing in the 2 most central screws and work out.
- a) The first screw to be approx 315mm in from the left end.
- b) The second screw approx 315mm in from the right end.
- c) The last 2 screws approx 25mm from each end.
If you want to use screws , you must first drill your own screw holes using a 3mm Bosch Multi Use / Multi Purpose Screw Bit or similar to drill your screw holes.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE HAMMER ACTION TO DRILL YOUR HOLES
Cutting: RetroGrip® inserts can be cut to length with an angle grinder, using a metal cutting disc or diamond blade.
Please note: When using on uneven decking, use RetroGrip® Screws and a power drill, to screw down the inserts around the uneven area. See our commercial / uneven decking / high risk areas installation guides for more information.