Low footfall area only require an approved adhesive
Quick Fitting Instructions
Download the full fitting instructions here
- Drop your RetroGrip® insert into the decking grooves to check it fits, or measure up against ourprofile
We recommend 2 RetroGrip® inserts per standard width deck board, to ensure good anti slip coverage.
- CLEAN YOUR DECK then pump a generous line of Geocel theWorks Adhesive or equivalent into a clean and dry decking groove, the length of each insert.
A generous line of adhesive is filling the groove to within 2-3 mm of the top of the decking board / groove.
- Drop in the insert and push down level. Glue and drop in 1 insert at a time. DO NOT leave the adhesive for longer than 20 seconds before dropping in the RetroGrip® insert.
- Wipe off any excess adhesive from the decking.
- Leave for for 12 / 24 hours to cure. DO NOT walk on during this time. Leave for longer to cure if the outside temperature is below 5 degrees centigrade.
Cutting: RetroGrip® inserts can be cut to length with an angle grinder, using a metal cutting disc or diamond blade.
Please note: In high footfall commercial areas or when using on uneven decking, use RetroGrip® Screws and a power drill, to screw down the inserts. See our commercial / uneven decking / high risk areas installation guides for more information.